植物细胞vs Bacterial Cell
The plant and bacteria being eukaryote and prokaryote respectively attribute to the difference between plant cell and bacterial cell. Animals, plants,fungi, and protoctists are considered aseukaryotesdue to the presence of double-membraned organelles with the genetic materials enclosed in anucleus。与众不同the eukaryotes,prokaryoteslack such well-organized cellular structure.Bacteriaare considered as prokaryotes. This is how mainly bacterial and plant cells are distinguished. In addition, there are some other differences we can find among these two types of cells. In this article, the difference between plant cell and bacterial cell will be conferred.
What is a Plant Cell?
Plant cells are真核细胞和have many features which are commonly found in animal cells. Plant cellhas membraned organellesincluding线粒体, nucleus,高尔基体和内质网。In addition, it has叶绿体，这使植物细胞可以通过photosynthesis。叶绿体具有双膜信封和称为凝胶的基质stroma, which contains核糖体,脱氧核糖核酸和光合酶。此外，将基质中的特殊内膜系统堆叠在某些地方，形成称为Grana的桩。光合色素存在于该膜系统内。与众不同animal cell, plant cells have rigidcell wallmade up ofcellulose。The cell wall gives a more uniform and define shape for the plant cell. Cell walls are impermeable to many substances and hence, the cellular transportation occurs through special membrane-lined pores called plasmodesmata (plasmodesma, if singular). Plasmodesmata perforate the cell wall and connect adjacent plant cells to enable cellular transportation. Moreover, plant cells contain a large fluid-filled sac known as液泡。
What is a Bacterial Cell?
Bacterial cells areprokaryotic cells that have no double-membraned organelles和nuclei附上他们的基因垫erial. Their DNA is found in the细胞质as a circularmolecule。In addition, some bacteria contain circular pieces of genetic material called质粒。Cyanobacteriacan photosynthesize, but the photosynthetic pigments are not enclosed in chloroplasts.
What is the difference between Plant Cell and Bacterial Cell?
• Cell type:
• Bacterial cells are prokaryotic cells.
• Plant cells are eukaryotic cells.
• Bacterial cell wall is made up of polysaccharide and protein.
• Plant cell wall is made up of cellulose.
• Presence of organelles covered by a double-layered membrane:
• Such organelles are found in plant cells (mitochondria, nucleus, Golgi Bodies, etc.)
• Genetic material:
• Found in the cytoplasm as a circular DNA and RNA in bacterial cells.
• Found inside the nucleus in plant cells.
• Bacterial DNA is circular and single stranded.
• DNA of plant cell carries genetic information about the whole plant and DNA molecules are linear and double stranded.
• Photosynthetic bacterial cells do not have chloroplast. Instead, the bacterio chlorophyll (pigment) are scattered all over the cells.
• Plant cells have chloroplast containing chlorophyll a and b as pigments.
•没有cytoskeleton found in bacterial cells.
• It is present in plant cells.
• Small 70S ribosomes are found in bacterial cells.
• Absent in bacterial cells.
• Present in some bacterial cells but no 9+2 structure.
• Transcription and translation:
• Occur in the cytoplasm in bacterial cell.
• Transcription occurs in nucleus and translation in cytoplasm.
•细菌细胞的分裂是通过简单裂变发生的；不mitosis or meiosis。
• Plant cells divide by mitosis or by meiosis.
• Plant cell is diploid.