Climate vs Weather
As climate and weather are meteorological words which are related to one another, but not interchangeable, knowing the difference between climate and weather becomes important. Weather is the day-to-day state of the atmosphere, whereas, the climate is constructed by the average weather conditions at a particular place for a long period. Weather is defined as the state of the atmosphere at a specific place at a particular time, described in terms of variable conditions such astemperature,humidity、风速、降水、和气压前ssure. Climate depends upon weather. If weather changes, automatically climate also changes. It is determined by the location of the region on earth such as latitude, position relative to oceans or continents, altitude, movements of Earth’s wind belts, topography, etc.
What is Climate?
Climate is defined as the various atmospheric conditions which include rainfall, temperature, wind, humidity and other meteorological elements, etc. in a region over a long period. Climate of earth can be determined by atmosphere,altitude的一个位置。可以影响气候变化ous factors which include human activities like burning fossil fuel, cutting down forest, local land features like mountains, etc.Climate changeis one of the biggest problems facing the human beings. Due to changes in climatic conditions the earth’s temperature is increasing day to day which causes global warming, depletion of the ozone layer. Air pollution is also one of the major causes of climatically change which can be controlled by taking some measures like using proper filters or collectors or electrostatic precipitators to control particulate matter, reducing vehicle usage, increasing the usage of raw materials in industries that cause less pollution.
What is Weather?
Weather can be defined as the atmosphere at a given time and place, with respect to variables such as wind, moisture, storms, snow, temperature, barometric pressure. Weather on earth occurs in the lower atmosphere and the troposphere. Weather describes the daily conditions or several days that can be less than two weeks. Changes in the weather can be caused due to differences in energy from the sun to the earth. So, the weather of the earth is different from one place to other. Various angles of sunlight intersect the earth. Consequently, different parts of the earth are heated to different extents which cause temperature differences, leads to global wind. Weather forecast is based on climate studies.
What is the difference between Climate and Weather?
• Climate is the pattern of weather that the region experiences over a long period. Weather changes from time to time or even moment to moment.
• Climate is the weather of a locality averaged over some period (usually 30 years). Weather varies on short term basis.
• Weather is a combination of wind, temperature, cloudiness, precipitation and visibility. The factors affecting climate are mountain ranges, attitudes, large water bodies.
• Weather is dynamic and always changing whereas climatic is constant for a long time may be years or decades.
• Humid is a type of climate whereas rain is a type of weather.
• For example, if it is cool on a particular day then, we are talking about weather but if it is cool over a season for several months then, we are talking about climate.
• Climate is what you expect according to averages of atmospheric conditions collected over several years at a place. Weather is what you get on a particular day.
• Weather is the exact temperature at a given amount. Climate is the overall temperature at a given area.
• Weather changes but climate is not changeable. Climate is recorded over a period whereas weather is the current condition.
In short, climate is the statistical average weather information in a region, whereas weather is the day-to- day state of the atmosphere at a specific place and time. Climate is a study ofclimatologyand weather is a study of meteorology. Small changes in Earth’s orbital pattern around the Sun can have major effects on climate. Human activities also can affect the climate, especially the actions related to the depletion in the ozone layer is an important factor.
Leave a Reply