Syllabus vs Curriculum
人们应该仔细地理解课程大纲和课程之间的区别，因为它们是教育领域的两个重要词，这些词通常会混淆，就像它们的含义一样。严格来说，它们是两个不同的词，具有不同的含义。教学大纲是指研究课程的计划或大纲。另一方面，课程是一个词，指的是在学校或在学校或在学校中进行的规定的主题大学. This is the main difference between syllabus and curriculum. Curriculum is a much broader concept whereas syllabus is much narrower. This with regard to the different areas they cover. Curriculum covers the whole course experience while the syllabus only covers a part of that course experience. More details about syllabus and curriculum is discussed below.
教学大纲是指研究课程的计划或大纲。换句话说，教学大纲是指针对特定研究过程的特定主题中规定的研究部分。例如，如果Physicsis a subject meant for a course of study called ‘material science’, then the portions of study prescribed in the subject of Physics is called as syllabus.
As a matter syllabus is prescribed once in a year and the particular syllabus that is prescribed for the year should be completed both by the老师or theprofessorand the student during the year. Examinations will be conducted at the end of the year only from the particular syllabus of the year in the particular subject. This shows that the student will follow another syllabus in the next year of a given three-year undergraduate course.
What is a Curriculum?
What is the difference between Syllabus and Curriculum?
• Syllabus refers to the program or outline of a course of study. Curriculum, on the other hand, is a word that refers to the subjects that are studied or prescribed for study in a school or in a college. This is the main difference between syllabus and curriculum.
• Syllabus is the portions of study that should be covered in a subject. This subject can be a part of a course. What the whole course should cover, including different subjects and their relevant study areas are all included in the curriculum. So, syllabus is a subset of the curriculum.
• The plural of syllabus can be syllabi or syllabuses. The plural of curriculum can be curricula or curriculums.
• A syllabus is descriptive. This is because the syllabus is formed to create an understanding between the teacher and the student. A syllabus, therefore, explicitly describes what areas will be covered in a subject. A curriculum is prescriptive or specific. It is a guide the institution follows for the course as long as the course lasts.
• A syllabus is usually for a year. A curriculum can be as long as the course lasts. For example, think about a three year degree program. The syllabus will be for each subject that is covered throughout the period of three years. Let us say English is one subject. So, there will be different syllabuses that are followed for different sub-units under the subject called English for the three year period. American English will have one syllabus. Shakespeare will have one syllabus. However, when it comes to curriculum, it is the whole degree experience. That means it includes all the subjects that are covered in the three year period. This will contain all the objectives of the whole degree course.
• Syllabus is for a subject while curriculum is for a course.
This is the difference between syllabus and curriculum.
- Syllabusbyintenteffect(CC BY-SA 2.0)
- Philadelphia manual training schools curriculum通过Wikicommons（公共领域）