Natural vs Chemical Fertilizers
Knowing the difference between Natural and Chemical Fertilizers is important as the concern for organic products and the awareness about it among consumers are very high than ever before. Fertilizer is a substance that is applied to plants to supplement nutrients needed for growth and production. This fertilizer can be divided into two major groups as mentioned above . They are natural fertilizer and inorganic fertilizer or chemical fertilizer. There are similarities as well as differences between natural and chemical fertilizers. This article intends to discuss the characteristics and differences between natural and chemical fertilizers.
Natural fertilizer (a.k.aorganic fertilizer) includes biodegradable compounds such as green manure, animal waste and compost. In other words, application of any natural organism or element for the improvement of soil fertility is referred as the natural fertilizer. Natural fertilizers release chemicals slowly to the soil. Therefore, they are suitable for long-term crops such as perennials. On the other hand, natural fertilizers are enriched withmicronutrientsother than macronutrients. At present micronutrients are a limitation factor of the fertilizer application. Therefore, there is a high demand for organic fertilizer. On the other hand, natural fertilizers include more nutrients together. Also, natural fertilizer minimizes the negative environmental impacts. Natural fertilizers are cheaper than artificial fertilizer. They have minimum health hazards. Therefore, they are applicable in environmentally sensitive areas, such as home gardens. Since organic fertilizer improves the soil texture and the water holding capacity of the soil, it prevents soil erosion.
What is Chemical fertilizer?
化肥是由不可降解元素制成的合成肥料。这种肥料包括一种或两种基本生长营养素。它迅速释放化学物质。因此，这适用于快速生长的作物或年度作物。在制造过程中，化肥与酸合成，从而造成环境危害。尿素，拖把（钾肥），超磷酸盐和磷酸二硫酸盐经常用于作物培养。化肥的一些缺点。其中一些人的植被生长过多（eutrophication), they increase the acidity of the soil and inhibit the microbial growth in soil. On the other hand, some plants cease their fruit setting due to excessive nutrient availability. There are advantages of chemical fertilizer as well. It ensures the uniform application all over the field. It can immediately recover nutrient deficiency in plants. Also, chemical fertilizer can precise the required quantity of fertilizer for a plant (for economical purposes).
- Chemical fertilizer and organic fertilizer are branches of fertilizer. Their common feature is providing nutrients to plants. Therefore, both of them improve the productivity of soil.
- Natural fertilizers such as manure, animal waste, and compost are considered as organic fertilizer. Fertilizers that synthesize are chemical fertilizers.
- Natural fertilizer includes several nutrients together while chemical or artificial fertilizer incorporates only one or two nutrient.
- On the other hand, natural fertilizer is rich with micronutrients but, chemical fertilizer lacks micro-nutrients.
- There are some advantages of natural or organic fertilizer. They are environmental friendly, improve the soil texture and water holding capacity, minimize the soil erosion and have some alternative benefits such as enhancing microbial growth and applicable as a mulch.
- Chemical fertilizer releases nutrients faster. Therefore, it is suitable for fast growing crops like annual crops. It ensures the uniform application of nutrients all over the field. It can immediately recover nutrient deficiency of a plant.
Photos By:Free Digital Photos