Essay vs Short Story
Is there any difference between an essay and a short story? In fact, in schools and various educational institutions, we engage in the process of writing essays and sometimes short stories. Can essays be viewed as stories or do they belong to a completely different genre? An essay can be defined as a piece of writing. There are various types of essays such as academic essays, personal essays, etc. Essays provide the readers with an account on a specific subject. A short story, on the other hand, can be viewed as an artistic composition, which consists of aplot和unfold a story. This is the main difference between an essay and a short story. This article attempts to highlight the differences between an essay and short story.
What is an Essay?
一篇文章可以被定义为关于特定主题的写作. It provides the reader with a very methodical account of the subject. The writer explores the different dimensions of the topic and presents an analysis. In every essay, there is a simple structure, which contains an introduction, body, and conclusion. Through an essay, the reader can gain a comprehensive understanding of the subject. The writer usually presents factual information, various perspectives,的态度, and even the opinion of the writer.
在学校中，教师鼓励学生写有关各种主题的论文。该主题的难度和标准取决于学生的成熟度。如果学生处于较低的成绩，老师会要求他们写关于环境污染，学校第一天，我欣赏的人，等等的话题。但是，如果学生要高得多，老师将提供诸如capital punishment, the modern teenager vs. technology, etc. Essays allow the students to articulate their ideas and present them with clarity.
What is a Short Story?
A short story can be defined asanarrative，与novel. It consists of a single plot around which the story or incident is based on and has a less number ofcharacters. It does not consist of a number of plots and a large scope, but is limited. For example, a short story may revolve around a single day of an individual who is considered as the main character. There can be other minor characters with whom the main character interacts, but the focus will be mainly on the main character. The thoughts, feelings, and ideas of the character will allow the reader to comprehend the nature of the character. However, though a short story is short in length, the writer can create a powerful impact on the reader.
In a short story, the writer can use a variety of literary devices such asirony和satirewith the intention of creating specific effects. Another feature in a story, which also highlights a significant difference between a story and essay, is that a story has action in it. This feature cannot be observed in an essay.
What is the difference between Essay and Short Story?
• Definition of Essay and Short Story:
• An essay can be defined as a piece of writing on a particular subject.
• A short story can be defined as a narrative, shorter in length in comparison to a novel.
• Experience and Explorations:
• An essay provides a lengthy account on a specific subject as it explores the varied dimensions of the topic and provides the reader with factual information.
• An essay does not have a plot.
• A short story has a plot around which the story has been built.
• A short story has action, as the characters engage in various behavior and contribute towards the development of the plot.
• In an essay, there are no characters.
• A short story has a number of characters, including the main character.